Skip to main content

I LEARNED...


AND IT HELPS ALOT...

It is my personal belief that learning is a lifelong process, it starts from cradle and ends till we are laid to rest forever….in former stage it is just an imitation which transforms into philosophical learning at later stages…….even there are  times, in which we refuse to acknowledge that we need to learn from somebody or any creature…..then suddenly you feel a speed-breaker and when you hit it , you are torn apart and slowly try to recollect and re-integrate your belongings (in this case your experiences and outlook) and get ready for further action with that corrective experience at your disposal…..which at times proves very handy….
It has been exactly 366 days or 1 yr ago, when I was at most sought after venue for  lifetime for many civil service aspirants like me, ie. UPSC,DHOLPUR HOUSE,GATE NO.2,SHAHNAJAF ROAD,NEWDELHI…along with me I had my 3 friends who were there to cheer me in my life-decisive battle  namely anjaneesh, chandrashekhar and vineet aka goldi bhai… but CRPF personnel stopped them outside and conveyed message that here inside  everyone is his own cheerleader-cum-batsman… (one thing I couldn’t u/s is that what is need of CRPF there)…from there to the moment when I was in front of Lieutenant-general  Nirbhay Sharma, to the time when I was again in arms of my fellows is a different story which is itself a great learning experience and then relishing on food-chat and lassi outside UPSC and photographic session that followed thereafter….memorable….

On returning to Raebareli a different story has unfolded in my personal life which even shook me to the bottom of heart…rarely in my life i was so frightened and even in my worst phases of life I didn’t felt so ruined and eroded that my heart kept on sinking and sleep which erstwhile was my best companion was not even nearby…I‘ve quite often heard that  बुरे समय में साया भी साथ छओठ देता है  but that sleep also leaves was my own addition in this list…somehow I gathered strength, visited Ramkrishna math…and left to everything to god….
But as even god is very busy nowadays so he didn’t gave appointment and another  disaster followed for which, I must truly say, I was totally unprepared….a phone came and I heard that IAS ka result agaya hi, tumne dekha and got then disconnected… I along anju and my superfast 3G(?) beetel, searched and to god’s benevolence ,even after 3-4 times searching whole list, ANURAG TRIPATHI,434256 was missing….we both have no words and avoided seeing each other’s faces…I informed at home and switched off mobile…..thereafter tributaries of ganga-Yamuna swept me…. A big question was AB KYA…..12 june was near so that was best option…..pre cleared, shifted to delhi for mains…met upendra sir, ali, bharat and strict discipline at my ashram enforced by anju and shekhar helped to tackle deviance…..everything well going…then again terror striked on 28 october(why all these happen on 28), this time it was my health…though I was not very comfortable in day  and till midnight my only prayer to all gods was “plz let me appear for tomorrow’s exam”….and it worked but I had to pay for almost 60 marks which I couldn’t answer even after knowing due to lethargic feeling….after before exams finished PCS mains was waiting to get welcomed….
As far as lessons learned are concerned, in last 1 yr I saw people changing within few hrs. just as they got info. That I wasn’t going to become IAS that year(including many of my colleagues and companions), which in turn made me more hard-working and determined, and more faith in my inner strength and self-conscience, to be slightly diplomatic rather than straight talk and little more flexible…..and how to take care of health….(most imp…on witty side, even van heusen, Louis phillipe and shehnaaz massage will not help you from thrashing in interview)….it was me who earlier used to say that sleeping 8-9 hrs is must and it was also me who was just sleeping for 5 hrs a day and was also making life of his fellow-men’s (ali,anju,bharat,shekhar) difficult by giving lectures un-interrupted on every possible topic...thanks for listening “painfully”….sorry… I correct… its “patiently”….and in personal life, only caring dear ones is not sufficient, importantly you also have to tell them with voice loud….and last but not the least ‘never to enter in a debate with anyone’……its worth-less….
Will learn more from comments of you all…..

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. moments relived.....dear today when i am visiting ur blog for the first time u hav cleared ias..its like befitting reply to those who doubted u...and i believ firmly in urs this generous thinking--let the result speak ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog...

    i came across another good one..where toppers share their thoughts..

    http://howtocrackcivilservices.blogspot.in/

    fairly new set of techniques..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

बाणभट्ट की आत्मकथा - पंo हजारी प्रसाद द्विवेदी

बाणभट्ट की आत्मकथा -पंडित हजारी प्रसाद द्विवेदी “जलौघमग्ना सचराचरा धरा विषाणकोट्याखिलविश्वमूर्तिना | समुदधृता येन वराहरूपिणा स मे स्वयंभूर्भगवान प्रसीदतु ||”       बाणभट्ट की आत्मकथा पढने का सबसे पहली बार विचार मन में तब आया जब कुमुद जी से “गुनाहों का देवता” के विषय में बात हो रही थी | बातो-बातो में जानकारी मिली की उक्त पुस्तक अपने ह्रदय में असंख्य मानवीय संवेदनाओ को समाहित किये हुए है और मूलतः वो बाणभट्ट की आत्मकथा  की पाण्डुलिपि का हिंदी अनुवाद है जो कि अपूर्ण है और जहाँ कही कोई सन्दर्भ उपलब्ध नहीं है वहां पर लेखक ने अन्य उपलब्ध समकालीन साहित्य का सहारा लिया है|      इस लघु आलेख का उद्देश्य पुस्तक या लेखक की अलोचना या मूल्यांकन करना नहीं है| यह एक प्रयास है हिंदी साहित्य की महान विभूतियों और उनके कार्यो को आमजन के बीच में लाने का| वैसे भी जब से अंग्रेजी माध्यम के विद्यालय बहुल हुए है तब से हिंदी और अन्य लोक भाषा के साहित्यों और जानकारों का अकाल सा पड गया है| एसा नहीं है की युवा पीढ़ी को यह पसंद नहीं है बल्कि मुख्य कारण ये है की उन्हें इस बात का एहसास नहीं की हिंदी साहि

Dugga Elo (Durga arrives _/\_)

Calcutta : Maa Asche                You can be nostalgic about the city anytime. While having tea missing your Lal cha, Sandesh craving at evenings or malai toast at Faltu or Kalakand of Kaka Tea. Come Puja (Pujo to be precise) and you miss that Pujo fever in the air with mind retrieving the memories cherished in the city for years and seems like “aaj hi Calcutta chala jaata hu.” To add the WhatsApp statuses of friends and Insta reels of Pujo Pandals of Chetla Agrani and Shreebhumi extract a piece of heart from you.                Come Pujo and we see Kolkata transforming itself with whole city lit with best of lighting right from Airport to Howrah Bridge with sea of humans in between which means famous Pujo Pandal is in vicinity. The Deshapriya Park Pujo unveiled world’s biggest Thakur (idol in Bangla) in 2015 till 2022 the Pujo has constantly enriched itslef with latest being getting the recognition by UNESCO. 2015 onwards there was hardly any year till I left the city where I miss

Being Mortal : Atul Gawande

      Being Mortal : Atul Gawande  Medicine and What Matters in the End A guide of death and what happens before. There is emergence of literature which is discussing the prior death experiences which was not much talked about previously. Paul Kalanithi's "When breath becomes Air" was recommended to me by an oncologist but haven't followed that genre for long.  I picked up  Being Mortal : Atul Gawande published by Penguin Books  recently and this was my first book of Dr. Gawande's literature who has mostly written on medicine and its interaction with humans. The book talks about the need to talk about detah and how medical profession is failing to keep up with the idea of dignified death and harps upon artficial life elongation instead of focussing on quality of life. The author banks upon his own experiences as a physician based in USA and near experiences of his father who himself was a doctor and develops cancer after 7 decades of healthy life . He states tha